If you are a Nelson County pet owner searching for a new rental place that accepts pets, you know that can be quite difficult. Some landlords and property managers require a pet resume from prospective tenants before they will consider renting to them. Well then, what exactly is a pet resume? A pet resume is essentially a document that includes relevant data about your pet, such as their age, weight, breed, vaccination records, and other pertinent details. Here are five reasons why all pet owners should make a pet resume, as well as instructions on how to do so!
Five Reasons Why You Need a Pet Resume
- A well written pet resume can help you stand out among other applicants. In a competitive rental market, anything you can do to distinguish yourself from other prospective tenants is beneficial. Additionally, since so few people include their pets on their resumes, doing so can help your application stand out and show that you’re a responsible pet owner.
- It demonstrates your responsibility and ability to care for a pet. You are demonstrating to Nelson County property managers that you put forth extra effort when it comes to your pet by taking the time to create a pet resume. Even if they dislike pets, this can help convince them to rent to you.
- It reveals that you are capable of taking care of a pet and a rental property. This is significant because it shows the landlord that you’ll take good care of the rental home and prevent any damage.
- It proves that you are devoted to your pets and that you will take good care of them. You can demonstrate your dedication to your pets by making a pet resume. This is vital to landlords because it indicates that you won’t abuse, neglect, or permit damage to the property from your pet.
- It encourages landlords to rent to you even if you have a pet. This is because it gives them all the details they require to decide for themselves whether you and your pet are the right fit for their property.
How to Write a Great Pet Resume
It’s time to learn how to write a pet resume now that you understand why you need one! Here are a few tips for creating a stellar resume for your pet:
- Start by introducing your pet and giving some basic information. Include details like the breed, age, and weight of your pet.
- Provide your pet’s vaccination documentation. Verify that they have received all necessary vaccinations and, if required by law, that they have registered with the local authorities.
- Make sure to mention any special needs or requirements your pet may have.
- Include any accolades, awards, or interesting information about your pet. If your pet has taken obedience classes or received other specialized training, this is a perfect example.
- List references who can vouch for your pet’s character. If possible, include a recommendation from a former neighbor and a former landlord.
- Add a recent picture of your pet. A picture is worth a thousand words, as the saying goes! And may even win over your potential landlord’s heart.
You can create a great pet resume that will help you find a pet-friendly rental if you use these tips!
One of the easiest ways to find your next pet-friendly rental home is to contact Real Property Management Cairn at 434-215-3028. It’s possible that we have just the place for you and your pet.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.